The Destiny City Film Festival was founded in part because we want to show great movies. And we know that at the heart of every great movie is a great story – one that is destined to inspire and entertain. Screenplays are the foundation of every memorable film, and we are dedicated to supporting the writing community and the stories they create. Thus, we are thrilled to host Tacoma’s first short screenplay competition! We know that the Northwest film community is chock full of talented writers, thinkers, and artists. We invite you to share your short screenplay, and allow us to celebrate your work. All stories welcomed.
The call for short screenplay entries for the 9th annual competition is now open!
July 2nd – Early deadline – $20 August 6th – Regular Deadline – $30 September 17th – Late Deadline – $40
October 29th – Extended Deadline – $45
Receive $5 off the listed submission rates! Choose the WA State Resident category on FilmFreeway.com, or email us for information on how to take advantage of this valuable discount.
- The 1st place winner will receive 2 VIP Passes to the 2022 Destiny City Film Festival and a cash prize of $200.
- The runner-up will receive 2 VIP Passes to the 2022 Destiny City Film Festival.
- Scripts must be no longer than thirty (30) pages in length. Absolutely no exceptions.
- Screenplays must have a title page which includes only the title (scripts that include the writer’s name on the title page will be disqualified).
- Submission is free for Pierce County residents. Valid proof of residency is required. Please email us for instructions on how to submit.
- DCFF grants discounts for Washington State screenwriters (with valid proof of residency). Screenwriters who reside in Washington State will receive two (2) festival ticket vouchers just for submitting.
- Writers of all ages, demographics and corners of the world are invited to enter. There is no limit to the number of screenplays you may submit, but separate entry fees are required for each script.
- DCFF will not allow substitutions of corrected pages, new drafts, or edited titles of a submitted screenplay.
- Screenplays must be received by the final deadline (October 29, 2021).
- Submitted scripts must be original screenplays and the sole property of the applicant.
- Entries must be in English, and in PDF format.
- Entry fees will not be refunded.
- Entries require an entry form. Please keep a copy of your completed entry form for your records.
- Screenplays will not be returned.
- While every precaution will be taken to safeguard all materials submitted, DCFF cannot accept or assume responsibility in the event of loss or damage en route or otherwise.
- Your entry must be postmarked no later than the deadline under which you’ve registered. If the submission is not postmarked appropriately, or if a payment is received after a postmark deadline, we will not read your script until the difference is paid to the Destiny City Film Festival. It is the responsibility of the writer or submission contact to ensure that all requirements are met. The festival retains the right to disqualify an entry, with no refunded fee, if submission guidelines are not met.
Destiny City Film Festival
PO Box 7951
Tacoma, WA 98417